17.2.13

Bedtime story - A Little Bit of Champagne Now and Then is a Good Thing


A little bit of champagne now and then is a good thing.

To be honest, being a little bit more honest after having a little bit of champagne, I recently had a very lovely experience on Great Russel Street, London.
So me and E decided to celebrate her visit last Thursday.
We bought some champagne, macaroons and sat in Covent Garden watching all the charming people.
Then E suggested we go shopping. A girl never says no to a new something, even if that's the smallest thing you could find in London.
Knowing how strict all stores are with drinks and food inside, we got to Great Russel Street before our shopping spree to finish our opened champagne bottle.
The day was great. People were smiling and the weather was nice enough to let me wear a dress. But I wasn't feeling excited. To explain how I felt, I'll quote one of my bright friends. 'You know how you feel good and positive but not as happy so you could cry out of happiness? I don't feel like that very often.' So I was feeling exactly like that - comfortable, positive but not like I had my finger tips crossing the sky.
Whilst standing there and chatting, drinking champagne, people were walking by, thinking about what work to do, books to read, lunch to have etc.
I saw one man wearing a suit, sunglasses, long coat. He seemed confident and charming but deep in his thoughts, not paying too much attention to the world around him.
So my mind and champagne's collaboration led me whispering to E:
'Woooooooah, look how perfect he is!'
E just looked, nodded and looked away.
Then, when he was already a few steps away from us, he looked back, looked me in the eyes and smiled.
I smiled back.
That smile, I know, and I just knew, there was something that made me feel happy.
At least for that time, that moment.
Hope it made him feel the same.

So,
A little bit of champagne now and then it is a good thing.

Nighty night, my sparks.
xo,
Karolion.

1 comment:

THE DIVINITUS said...

Dream of Laduree macarons.